Health, wellbeing and disability support

If you declared a disability on your application form you should have been contacted by an advisor from the University’s Disability Advisory Service (DAS). If you did not declare a disability but believe that you should have done so then please contact DAS. This is the best way to ensure co-ordinated support for your studies and living in Oxford.

If you have a disability or medical condition of any kind it is advisable to also contact the Academic Office at to find out what support may be available for you. Arrangements can be made to assist you if you have a disability, such as allowing you extra time in exams or providing specialist IT support; this is also true for those with a Specific Learning Difficulty, such as dyslexia.

Your physical and mental health are of equal importance and students can access the University’s free, excellent Counselling Service. All students also have access to a free, confidential mental health support service called Togetherall. Likewise, if you have personal circumstances that may mean you require support, such as being a carer, do contact the Academic Office, who will be able to advise you.

Within College, in addition to the Academic Office, the following people may be helpful to you when you need support: the Dean, the Welfare Dean, your College Advisor, the Junior Deans, the Welfare Fellow, the LGBTQ+ Fellow, the Fellow with responsibility for part-time students, the Racial Equality and Justice Fellow, the MCR Equality and Welfare representative, the Pastoral Advisor and peer supporters. Please visit the Health, wellbeing and disability pages on the College website for further details and contact information.

Your department or faculty will have a designated Disability Co-ordinator responsible for ensuring that support is provided as required. If you have a disability, it is advisable for you to contact this person so that you can work together.

The College site is accessible to wheelchair users. There is an accessible workspace in the Library, and a large monitor prioritised for students with a visual impairment. The College has some funds available to help assist students with disabilities or unanticipated costs arising from a medical condition; this may be as proposed by the University’s Disability Advisory Service or supported by medical evidence. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you feel this may be of interest to you, please contact the Academic Office.

If you are a trans student or would welcome support to assist you becoming more comfortable in your gender presentation, please contact the Academic Registrar to discuss confidentially how College may be able to assist you financially.

Please go to the University website for further details of available support:

Updated on: 21/07/2023